Thursday 12 September 2013

Birthday cards with Stampin' Up! Sweater Weather DSP

Are you all loving the Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter Catalogue?  Every time I look at it I find something else I HAVE to own!

Today's cards use the Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper. I must admit when I first saw this paper I wasn't overly convinced but I now LOVE it - so versatile.

Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up!

I needed a couple of quick masculine birthday cards and this paper was perfect for them.  The first card uses a sentiment from the Sassy Salutations Stamp Set stamped in Chocolate Chip ink onto Naturals White card. The background "splatters" are stamped using one of the stamps from the FABULOUS Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set - it just adds "something" to a card. The sentiment was then cut out using the Ovals Collections Framelits. The edges were all sponged using Sahara Sand ink.  A piece of Crushed Curry card was run through the Big Shot with the Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and added to a Chocolate Chip card base. Three pieces of Sweater Weather DSP were artistically arranged (!!) and the sentiment popped up using Dimensionals. A Linen Thread bow finished off the card.


The second card was made much along the same lines although it uses a sentiment from the Occasions Alphabet Stamp Set and the Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It was finished using a Crushed Curry button from the Regals Designer Buttons and a knotted piece of Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon. The layout was inspired by a sketch from the fabulous Mojo Monday Blog - I love using sketches when you want a quick layout!


Here is a list of the Stampin' Up! supplies used to make today's cards:

Stamp Sets: Sassy Salutations, Occasions Alphabet, Gorgeous Grunge
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand
Cardstock: Naturals White, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand
DSP: Sweater Weather
Big Shot: Ovals Collection Framelits, Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder,
Other: Regals Designer Buttons, Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Linen Thread

If you would like to order any of these products please either email me or give me a call on 07530 368466 and I will be happy to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment