Wednesday 18 September 2013

Stampin' Up! Creative Tour Swap

Wow - what a fantastic night I had last night! I attended the Stampin' Up! Creative Tour in Ipswich with 50 lovely demonstrators. We had inspiration, crafting, laughter and freebies - what more could you want?

A huge part of Stampin' Up! Events is "swapping". This is where you make a batch of identical card fronts or 3-d items to exchange with fellow demonstrators so you end up with lots of ideas showcasing different stamps, styles and techniques. These were the swaps I made using the Santa's List Stamp Set :- 


I wasn't sure about this set when I saw it in the Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter Catalogue - but having seen some great samples I bought it and I am so glad I did! He is such a cheerful Father Christmas!

The image was stamped in Basic Grey ink onto Naturals White card and cut out using the using the Big Shot & Circles Collection Framelits.  The layers were also cut using framelits - a second circle in Smoky Slate, and a Basic Grey piece using Apothecary Accents.  A second piece of Naturals White was run through the Big Shot using the Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I love this folder - is it just me or does anyone else wonder what it says?.

The card base is Basic Black with a Melon Mambo mat - I love the pop of colour.  The sentiment is stamped in Basic Grey and accented with a Melon Mambo punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack - a Rhinestone Basic Jewel finishes it off - after all Christmas cards need a bit of sparkle! The "tail" was punched using the Hexagon Punch.

The edges were all sponged with Smoky Slate ink to give an aged look and the finishing touch was some paper piercing using the template from the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack - you can see the piecing better in the photo below.  The layers were popped up using Dimensionals to finish the card.



Hope you like it?  I received some fabulous swaps in return which I will share with you in the next few days. 


Here is a list of the Stampin' Up! supplies used to make today's card:

Stamp Sets: Santa's List
Inks: Basic Grey, Smoky Slate
Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic Grey, Smoky Slate, Melon Mambo, Naturals White
Big Shot: Circles Collection Framelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Punches: Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Hexagon
Other: Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack

If you would like to order any of these products please either email me or give me a call on07530 368466 and I will be happy to help. 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Nicky - look forward to seeing more from the day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy combination of colours, Nicky, a nice change from the traditional green and red x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Nicky - just perfect for christmas :) x

    ReplyDelete