Tuesday 3 June 2014

An Extra Special Birthday Card with Stampin' Up!

An Extra Special Birthday Card with Stampin' Up!


I had a super special card to make a couple of weeks ago - a birthday card for my lovely Mum who was 70 - she was obviously an older Mum when she had me as I can't possible be 40 something now ;-)  

I wasn't really sure where I was going with this but like the way it came together in the end. The colours I used are Real Red, Pool Party, Crumb Cake & Whisper White.

I actually stamped the number 70 using the Morning Post Numbers stamp set which is now only available on My Digital Studio. Today is from the Geometrical stamp set inked using a Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker - I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line it all up. It was then popped onto a tag cut with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch

The background is a piece of Whisper White Core'dinations (retiring) embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and sponged with Crumb Cake ink. I then layered up lots of elements - a Tea Lace Paper Doily, a floral piece of paper from the Fresh Prints DSP Stack and a slide cut using On Film Framelits. The sentiment is from Morning Meadow - an exclusive hostess stamp set.

I finished the card with Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon (retiring), Real Red Stitched Grosgrain (retiring), Linen Thread and Pearl Basic Jewels.


I know Mum loved it and hope you do too - she did tell me she has kept every card my brother and I have ever given her - that will be a big box!

Here are the main Stampin' Up! supplies used today. Remember you can now order online if you prefer - if you click on the image you will be directed to my online store where you can pop them into your shopping basket. If you would prefer not to order online please either email me or give me a call on07530 368466 and I will be happy to help.


Don't forget to check out the RETIRING LISTS - lots of items have already sold out so if you want something make sure you order it NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment